The Challenge & Opportunity
Sorell has been one of the fastest growing municipalities in Tasmania for many years. However, Sorell Council’s infrastructure planning and development requirements were exceeding the ability of its internal systems and resources. Council knew things had to change, and committed to improving resourcing, financial transparency and processes across all aspects of asset management.
- Able to accurately track and report all works management accomplishments: 132% productivity increase (between May-Aug 2018 Sorell created 1267 Work Orders, compared to 546 in the same period of 2017)
- Strong headway into achieving activity-based costing for maintenance activities, tracked and reported through Brightly Assetic, Microsoft Dynamics / Navision (finance), and other integrated internal systems. This contributes to achieving audit compliance, and helps ensure strong service delivery at the most reasonable rates possible
Brightly Assetic provides a contemporary foundation for our longterm financial management plan. We can now measure future efficiencies in both our maintenance and inspection practises, as well as accurately record the ongoing costs associated with our capital programs. This is possible because the solution includes field service management and is complete with updated valuation and condition assessment data.
Manager Engineering & Regulatory Services
- Low quality or no asset data across all asset classes
- Finance managing asset valuations and depreciation; no relationship to the asset register
- Antiquated manual process for all works activities; works order data added twice a week
- No formal Asset Management Plans
- Disparate, siloed systems for different functions (Finance, GIS) and asset different classes
- Strong civil and structural design skills, but no formal asset management skills across the team
- Integration between Assetic and Microsoft Dynamics / Navision (finance system) to accurately reflect, update and manage assets owned and operated
- Real-time capture of maintenance activity costing across all asset categories, to component level; true activity-based costing
- Accurate, reliable loop from customer request to work completion; informed front-line staff
- KPI reporting for tracking and improvement
- Dedicated, skilled assets and GIS team; aligned support and management of works management team
Brightly & Sorell Council
Council has now shifted its entire asset management approach. They initially engaged Brightly using the Managed Services model and have been transitioning since, while staff and systems were brought up to speed. Today the Council team operates with full autonomy and has implemented Assetic’s cloud software across all activities.
Learn more about our Government and Infrastructure solutions.